Hartford ITS provides local technology services both independently and in collaboration with University Information Technology Services (UITS) through a business-to-customer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) model.
All services and incidents (troubles) are requested or reported through the same ticketing system to help the process remain easy and transparent to our end users. Tickets are routed and updated to the appropriate teams for handling.
Local business to customer (B2C) services include but are not limited to:
- Installation of hardware & software for University-owned computers
- UConn account configuration assistance on tablets, smart phones, PDAs etc.
- Support for audio visual equipment and instruction in all classrooms, meeting rooms, and at events
- Inventory control & management of all computer based assets on campus
- Assistance with departmental IT purchasing recommendations and budget projections
- Web administration & management for local campus departmental sites
- Direct response to incidents / troubles and service requests
- Copier fleet management and workgroup / network printer support and configuration
Note: Hartford ITS is resourced to provide limited to no support for faculty / staff personal computers and in most cases can only provide instruction or recommendations for users to perform themselves.
Services provided via the B2B model and administered locally by Hartford ITS technicians can be found on the UITS main IT Service portfolio.
All services are available to UConn faculty, staff and students.